Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission into two M.Tech program in Biotechnology offered in various areas by various universities such as Anna University, Chennai, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala (M.Tech in Marine Biotechnology) and West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata for 2013-14.
- Candidates with minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA (under grading system) from any recognized university in any one of the following such as B.Tech in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology and M.Tech in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry and Microbiology, Genetics are eligible to apply.
- Only those candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in 2011 or thereafter including those who are appearing in 2013 are eligible to apply. In other words, those who have passed the qualifying examination prior to 2011 are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Candidates must pay a demand draft drawn in a favor of “Jawaharlal Nehru University” payable at New Delhi for the amount indicated below towards the entrance examination fee for:
- General category candidates including OBC candidates: Rs.600
- SC/ST/PH category candidates: Rs.300 (PH includes OH, VH and HH)
- Foreign national candidates: US$ 25.00 or Rs.1250
- Application forms can be submitted only by registered post/speed post to:
Section Officer (Admissions)
Room No.28, Administrative Block
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi – 110067
The application forms must reach JNU only by registered post/speed post on or before 28th Mar, 2013.
- Selection of the candidates will be done in accordance with their inter-se merit drawn on the basis of All India Entrance Examination i.e Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (CEEB) vis-a-vis the preference of universities exercised by candidates.
- In case a candidate has not indicated his/her option for joining a particular university, his/her name will not be considered for that university.
- Start of online and offline application forms: 7th Feb, 2013 (Thursday)
- Last date of submission of completed offline or printed copy of the online application form: 28th Mar, 2013 (Thursday)
- Date CEEB-2013 examination: 21st May, 2013 (Tuesday)