Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission into two year Master of Science (M.S) program in Quantitative Economics and Library and Information Science for 2013-14.
For M.S in Quantitative Economics Program
- Candidates with 3-years of bachelor’s degree in Economics/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics or a B.Stat degree from the Indian Statistical Institute or a BE/B.Tech degree with knowledge of Economics and Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
For M.S in Library and Information Science Program
- Candidates with 3-years of bachelor’s degree in any discipline are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Prospectus, application form, sample questions and the admission notice will be available on the website: http://www.isical.ac.in/~deanweb in PDF format from 5th Feb, 2013.
- Online application facilities will also be available on the website http://www.isical.ac.in/~deanweb.
- Prospectus and application form can be obtained by cash payment from the following offices of the Indian Statistical Institute by hand (from 11 am to 2 pm on working days from Monday to Friday):
- Indian Statistical Institute, 203 B. T. Road, Kolkata 700108
- Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi Centre, 7, S.J.S. Sansanwal Marg, Near Qutab Hotel, Opposite Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi-110016
- Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore Centre, 8th Mile, Mysore Road, R. V. College P.O., Bangalore 560059
- Indian Statistical Institute, SQC & OR Unit, 110 Nelson Manickam Road (1st floor), Aminjikarai, Chennai 600029
- Indian Statistical Institute, SQC & OR Unit, Street No. 8, Habshiguda, Hyderabad 500007
- Selection of candidates is based on merit as judged by their performance in written tests and interviews conducted by the Institute.
- Past academic record may also be taken into consideration.
- A candidate who was asked to discontinue the programs is not eligible for readmission to the same program.
- Issue of application form: 5th Feb, 2013 (Tuesday) to 1st Mar, 2013 (Friday)
- Last date for receiving completed application form by hand/post: 6th Mar, 2013 (Wednesday)
- Submission of application form through online system: 5th Feb, 2013 (Tuesday) to 6th Mar, 2013 (Wednesday)
- Date of selection test: 12th May, 2013 (Sunday)